Featured Articles: Good Writing From Around The Web
Research on the grieving brain.
I don't know if it'll make a difference, but I'd share this with someone you know who doesn't cry.
Aristotle on friendship.
It's never really about what they believe. It's about what we think they believe.
Never forget that life isn't there to serve money. Money is there to serve life.
If you're a Millennial, Gen Z, or Gen Alpha, then you might be curious about Financial Independence. If you're a Boomer or Gen X, you probably still refer to it as "Retirement." In its simplest sense, both phrases refer to the time when you have enough passive income to pay your living expenses as they increase from year to year due to inflation for the remainder of your life.
Whatever you call it, if you desire a passive income that you cannot outlive, then there are three things you need. You must:
1. Know your independence number
2. Build a resilient "all-weather" portfolio – what we call a Mindful Portfolio
3. Embrace a management and withdrawal process – what we call Mindful Management
If you're not clear about any of these items, I hope you will join us for our Financial Independence Bootcamp where we will answer each of these questions together. We host the Bootcamp every quarter and we limit the size of the Bootcamp because we want everyone who joins us to walk away with each of these questions answered.
Always reading, always learning, Jonathan hand-selects these articles for readers each week. To view Jonathan's curated articles from previous weeks, CLICK HERE.
- Weekend Reading | Saturday, May 27, 2023
- For Recent College Graduates: How-To Stack the Odds In Your Favor
- Podcast: How I Met My BFF | The Story of Dave & Jonathan
- The Mindful Money Podcast | 060: Adam Coelho - Mindfulness, Envisioning, & Financial Independence
- Do I Want a Financial Advisor?
- Do I Have a Good Financial Advisor?