Podcast: Punk Rock HR | Mindful Money with Jonathan DeYoe
Laurie's direct honesty and vulnerability about her own money story is refreshing. If we could all start with a little honesty with ourselves, we would be better off both individually AND collectively. Thanks Laurie.
ABOUT THE EPISODE:
From Laurie Ruettimann: I’ve got a book coming out in January and there’s a chapter in there all about money. There are some key themes in it that I’ve learned from friends. These include tips like budget, pay yourself first, and, more importantly, that debt is the single biggest thing that can hold you back, both personally and professionally.
Obviously, money is messy. That’s why I have an expert on today’s show to help us sort through the basic things that we need to do to live simply and with a little bit of joy while managing our wealth. Jonathan DeYoe is a bestselling author, speaker, and the founder and CEO of Mindful Money. However, he’s really a financial literacy fanatic. Jonathan is both a money manager and Buddhist scholar and his book has really had an impact on me.
Maybe you have a great relationship with your cash. Or maybe you’re like me and spend more than you earn. Whatever the case, I know you’re going to enjoy this conversation. So, tune in to hear my discussion with Jonathan DeYoe.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Jonathan’s origin story.
- The similarities and connections between money and religion.
- Why so many of us have a weird relationship with money.
- Who his book is for and some important lessons that are in it.
- What to do if you’re struggling to do the best you can with whatever money you have.
- How he educates people on ownership when it comes to finances.
- The three main sections of his book, Mindful Money.
ABOUT LAURIE RUETTIMANN & PUNK ROCK HR:
Laurie became a writer, speaker, and podcaster as a result of the heartbreak and outrage she experienced throughout her corporate career. While she loves calling out boorish behavior, she is dedicated to the revolutionary and long-overdue mission of fixing work by telling stories and teaching leaders how to create workplace cultures that support, empower, and engage workers meaningfully.
Now she helps executives and HR leaders prioritize the employee experience to avoid the collateral damage of a toxic work environment. You can find her all over the internet, shaking her fist and yelling at clouds.
Subscribe & Follow Punk Rock HR
iTunes | Stitcher | Spotify | Google | PlayerFM | Tune In | iHeartRadio
HR Podcasters | Instagram| LinkedIn| LaurieReuttimann.com
- 3rd Quarter 2020 Commentary
- [VIDEO] COVID-19: Market Update Q&A 11/16/2020
- Podcast: Mission Matters: Education, Planning and Mindfulness for Financial Success with Jonathan DeYoe
- Do I Want a Financial Advisor?
- Do I Have a Good Financial Advisor?
- [VIDEO] Mindful Money: Our Investment Process