It has been a rough week for me personally. I find myself attempting to meditate more, reading poetry, and perusing books of quotes. I am seeking hope and inspiration in what feels like pretty dark times.
If you are going through it with me, I hope some of these will be helpful…
“When you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
“If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.” – Rumi
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Dumbledore
“When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” – Thomas Jefferson
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor Frankl
“Once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what the storm is all about.” – Haruki Murakami
“The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor the man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb
“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
“Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’” – Mary Anne Radmacher
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
- Weekend Reading | Saturday, October 8, 2022
- How Jonathan, a Financial Advisor for 25 Years, Teaches His Kids About Money
- [VIDEO] The Healthy Advisor Podcast | Rebuilding Healthy Habits After Traumatic Loss with Jonathan DeYoe
- The Mindful Money Podcast | 028: Mark Asquith - Autonomy, Brutal Authenticity & The Evolution of the Podcasting Industry
- Do I Want a Financial Advisor?
- Do I Have a Good Financial Advisor?