Great questions Taylor. It’s a nice illusion that we have about ourselves – that we gather all the relevant data and weigh and measure before we make rational decisions. In truth, our cognitive and emotional biases make most of the decisions for us. “Mindfulness” can give us a path around the biases. Mindfulness can be the doorway to rational choices, if we choose to walk through it.
[00:01 – 04:27] Opening Segment
- I talk briefly about great values that await you in this episode
- I welcome our guest, Jonathan DeYoe
- Jonathan talks about his background, his thesis and his published book
[04:28 – 14:37] All About Mindfulness
- The meaning of mindfulness
- Maintaining a good and calm mentality despite the COVID crisis
- What Jonathan does to maintain a calm mentality and avoid panic
- Jonathan shares some of his strategies to get clients on board with meditation
[14:38 – 21:55] Mindful Money
- Being mindful of investing
- Not getting sucked into the excitement or depression of the day
- Jonathan’s thoughts on Social Media’s influence on people’s mindset
- Being mindful about the future and the reality of our world
[21:56 – 29:23] Closing Segment
- Quick break for our sponsors
- What is the best investment you’ve ever made other than your education?
- Investing in my health
- Buying a p90x
- What is the worst investment you ever made?
- Unnecessarily investing in building an image
- What is the most important lesson that you’ve learned in business and investing?
- Don’t chase unnecessary things
- Connect with our guest. See the links below.
ABOUT PASSIVE WEALTH STRATEGIES & TAYLOR LOHT
Taylor Loht is a real estate investor, syndicator, and host of the Passive Wealth Strategies for Busy Professionals Podcast. He started the show because he realized that the typical “skip that $3 latte once a week” financial advice does not produce the life of abundance that so many Busy Professionals desire. He believes we’re here to learn how to live at a higher level.
Passive Wealth Strategies for Busy Professionals will teach you how to build your passive income through real estate investing and the personal finance concepts of the FIRE movement. They focus on real estate because it has features and a track record unlike any other asset class. Join to learn about real estate syndication, multifamily investing, self storage, turnkey real estate, personal finance, and other financial independence related topics!