It was bound to happen, I finally spoke with someone who made a similar discovery – and commitment – upon realizing how far they let themselves slip. Gary and I have parallel stories about recapturing our health.
Gary, thanks for helping me remember Ernie Guzman. I think without his support during my second year in the business I would be doing something else today.
Jonathan’s two biggest habits have been making a commitment to his own health and hiring a coach.
- Jonathan has been interested in investing and understanding money since he was young.
- Two of the biggest illusions about money according to Jonathan are:
* That individuals know the future about markets and economies (no one can predict the future).
* Everything lands on understanding the trade-offs (understand what’s important to you).
- Focus on what’s really important and don’t listen to all the noise.
- The world we’re in is market focused and event driven.
- Expectations coming from current events don’t signal what will always happen.
- Make decisions about your financial life by understanding your goals and understanding what you want to accomplish.
- Shift to a goal focused and planning drive.
- Having a plan helps pull you through difficult times.
* Build a calm awareness and a non-reactive awareness about what’s going on around you.
- Everyone is stressed.
Jonathan DeYoe’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Your beliefs determine your behavior. Your mindset is everything.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He likes to go around the house and give his son, daughter, and wife good morning hugs.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? A colleague from when he started working told him that if he doesn’t like how others work in the industry he can create his own way.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Be prepared.” “You gotta work to lay the groundwork.” and “If I had 8 hours to cut a tree, I’d spend 6 hours sharpening my ax.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to change the way financial advice is given.
ABOUT GARY WILBERS & THE CHARGE PODCAST:
Gary Wilbers has been a successful entrepreneur his entire life. He now uses the knowledge he’s gained through his experiences to help individuals & organizations ascend to their peak through coaching, training & speaking.
The CHARGE Podcast is a place where you can find stories of real people that have had success in their business and life. Our guests will share their journey with you so that you can take away tips and strategies that you can implement into your own business and life.