Featured Articles: Good Writing From Around The Web
A penny a day for me please... and the strength to avoid short-term envy.
After a long history of being wrong, why do we continue to believe either they have special knowledge or that it is predictable at all?
The biggest problem we have with this severely divided congress. Resolution will require more than an election... someone will have to break with party.
Given the incentive structures (profit motive mixed with brain chemistry) involved, social media was always going to devolve into manipulation. How about a coffee, a drink, or lunch?
Stop thinking in terms of Return On Investment (ROI) - which is out of your control anyway, and start thinking about Return on Stress (ROS) - which is manageable without sacrificing long-term ROI.
Whatever your age, if you seek financial independence, then there are three things you need:
1. Your independence number
2. A resilient “all-weather” portfolio – what we call a Mindful Portfolio
3. A responsive withdrawal process – what we call Mindful Management
If you are not clear about any of these items, I hope you will join us for our Financial Independence Bootcamp where we will answer each of these questions together.
Always reading, always learning, Jonathan hand-selects these articles for readers each week. To view Jonathan's curated articles from previous weeks, CLICK HERE.
- Weekend Reading | Saturday, October 21, 2023
- The 10 Core Beliefs of Mindful Investors
- Podcast: Earn & Invest | Harmonizing Wealth: The Mindful Investor's Path with Jonathan DeYoe
- The Mindful Money Podcast | 080: Franco Perez - The Wealth & Information Gap & Striving To Do Better
- Do I Want a Financial Advisor?
- Do I Have a Good Financial Advisor?