Featured Articles: Good Writing From Around The Web
As if we needed more proof that our desire for dopamine pushes us to miss potential risks and make bad choices.
"Even when a memory is proven wrong, a person still remembers it and the false memory is still an element in the person's belief system."
This is one of the newsletters I will read into my old age. Every email is filled with the juice and the meat of life. It's what matters.
I wholeheartedly agree. But more than that, this is perhaps the best statement of "Find Beauty in Untouched Investments" I have read.
The worst inflation-adjusted short-term returns belong to stocks; the worst inflation-adjusted long-term returns belong to bonds. So, which one is riskier?
Whatever your age, if you seek financial independence, then there are three things you need:
1. Your independence number
2. A resilient “all-weather” portfolio – what we call a Mindful Portfolio
3. A responsive withdrawal process – what we call Mindful Management
If you are not clear about any of these items, I hope you will join us for our Financial Independence Bootcamp where we will answer each of these questions together.
Always reading, always learning, Jonathan hand-selects these articles for readers each week. To view Jonathan's curated articles from previous weeks, CLICK HERE.
- Weekend Reading | Saturday, October 28, 2023
- The 10 Core Beliefs of Mindful Investors
- Podcast: Earn & Invest | Harmonizing Wealth: The Mindful Investor's Path with Jonathan DeYoe
- The Mindful Money Podcast | 081: Barbara Friedberg - Personal Finance, Robo Advisors & Sourcing Financial Information
- Do I Want a Financial Advisor?
- Do I Have a Good Financial Advisor?