Weekend Reading | Saturday, May 20, 2023
Featured Articles: Good Writing From Around The Web
American Crisis: How We Lost Our Faith in the Future and How To Get It Back
It shouldn't always be about how bad it is or has become; it should be about how good it can (will) be. I look forward to these essays.
Tevye On The Other Hand (Video)
The last known attempt at weighing both sides of an argument and deciding against the grain of confirmation bias.
How Web Platforms Collapse: The Facebook Case Study
If you wish to stay in business, it's important to BOTH listen to your customers and not break the world.
When does self-documenting turn into signaling... and signaling become influencing... and influencing become sales?
Workaholics: Why Staying Busy Feels Safe and How It Takes a Toll
"Hi! My name is Jonathan and I am a workaholic." But I didn't know why until I read this. Wow!
If you're a Millennial, Gen Z, or Gen Alpha, then you might be curious about Financial Independence. If you're a Boomer or Gen X, you probably still refer to it as "Retirement." In its simplest sense, both phrases refer to the time when you have enough passive income to pay your living expenses as they increase from year to year due to inflation for the remainder of your life.
Whatever you call it, if you desire a passive income that you cannot outlive, then there are three things you need. You must:
1. Know your independence number
2. Build a resilient "all-weather" portfolio – what we call a Mindful Portfolio
3. Embrace a management and withdrawal process – what we call Mindful Management
If you're not clear about any of these items, I hope you will join us for our Financial Independence Bootcamp where we will answer each of these questions together. We host the Bootcamp every quarter and we limit the size of the Bootcamp because we want everyone who joins us to walk away with each of these questions answered.
Always reading, always learning, Jonathan hand-selects these articles for readers each week. To view Jonathan's curated articles from previous weeks, CLICK HERE.
- Weekend Reading | Saturday, May 13, 2023
- 5 Ways Investing Can Help You – Above and Beyond Realizing Your Goals
- [VIDEO] Share Life Podcast | Taking Responsibility in The Sea of Uncertainty — With Jonathan DeYoe
- The Mindful Money Podcast | 058: Nikki Gajoo-Frielinghaus - Financial Freedom, Self-Growth & Following Your Passion
- Do I Want a Financial Advisor?
- Do I Have a Good Financial Advisor?